The weather is finally getting better and we are forging onward with all things summer! This year instead of spending a small fortune on ice lollies we decided to make some ourselves. We used the iNeibo Kitchen Ice Lolly Moulds.Made from silicone and BPA free they come in a set of 10 bright colours. These were impressive as there are no ice lollies slowly melting off sticks and dripping all over the place. The lolly is nicely contained in the moulds and the added bonus that if your little ones decide they don’t want any more of the lolly after a few licks, you can put the lid back on and pop it in the freezer until later.
You will need;
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 3rd fruit of your choice (peach, blueberry,strawberry)
- Pure fruit juice (we used apple)
- Measuring jug
- hand blender
1.Firstly peal, core and chop the apple and pear. We used the Kiddi Kutter Childrens Safety Knife to allow little ones to help make the lollies.
2. Put the apple and pear in a pan with approximately 100mls of water. Cook on a medium heat until the fruit is soft. This takes approximately 10 minutes. Make sure that the water doesn’t run out and the fruit doesn’t burn at the bottom. Add a little water if necessary.
3. Once the apple and pear is soft add in the third fruit. We used some chopped peach this time, tinned peach is also fine. Leave for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat until soft.
4. Poor the mixture into a sieve to remove any excess water
5. Place in a bowl and blend until you have a smooth puree
6. Measure 500mls of pure fruit juice and place in a bowl, add in the fruit puree and stir
7. Spoon the mixture into the Ice Lolly mould leaving approximately 2cm gap from the top.
8. Add the lid to the mould and place in the freezer
9. Leave in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until completely frozen and then serve